Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Maybe it's a Colbert Blog

I'm headed to New York City in a little over a month.  And in the midst of the horror (not an exaggeration) that is studying for the Bar Exam, a sense of giddiness creeps in from time to time.  I feel like I'm finally taking the tiniest of baby steps towards being the great traveler I always knew I should be.

That occasional giddiness is constantly overcome by the immense gratitude I have for great, dear friends who are making it all happen.  I am so blessed...and you will be too if you ever run into any legal trouble (you all know who you are).

This trip was meant to be a post-graduation celebration, and when I was deciding where to go, I had three main ideas: a trip to Orlando and Harry Potter World, a week in San Diego to learn to surf, or New York City to see Stephen Colbert.  New York City it is...and Stephen Colbert it will be.  It's happening, people. Show tickets are in hand, plans are made, now all I need is the perfect question to pose during the pre-show (out-of-character!) question and answer session.

This is the year I see all my favorite, famous people.  Well, it's really just been Stephen and The Killers, but come on, who else is there?

I'll be honest, I wrote this post because of the clip below.  While I am so excited to see all the history and awesomeness that is New York, this clip reminds me why I wanted to go in the first place.  I wanted to go so I could see someone I admire.  You all know how I gush and make googly-eyes at...well, Stephen and The Killers (among others), but beyond all that gushing and googly-eyeing is plain admiration and respect.  With Stephen Colbert, it's his intelligence, humor, and humanity that I particularly admire...and it's all here in this clip.  I only just watched it tonight.  I knew it was there, but I also knew it would be sad...and it is, but so very sweet and human.  I can't wait to see him.