Monday, January 5, 2009

irony...

I procrastinated on my New Year's Resolution which was in essence, to stop procrastinating. Now, I don't know. It's so negative. The whole idea of resolutions is negative. Think about the things you don't like about yourself, and change them. I'm all for change, it's just dwelling on the thing you hate about yourself, and then in mid February when you haven't lost ten pounds, or you haven't quit smoking, or you haven't saved one million dollars and you feel lousy and a total failure.
Well, this year I aim to change. Instead of focusing on the negative, I will focus on the positive. Particularly the positives that I accomplished last year and the positives I look to accomplish this year.
I have a life list, a list of things I want to do before I die. Last year I knocked a few off the list...
*learn to knit
*vote for someone who wins the presidential election (someone I like)
*run a half-marathon
*build a full size snowman
*go to a movie alone
*move to Seattle
When I look at it this way, instead of wallowing in the things I have yet to change, I marvel at all the wonderful things I've done. So, stay tuned to see what new things I cross off my list.