Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Must See

I just watched the most amazing movie...ever. If I had a top ten list, which I'm thinking of putting together, this one would rank in the top 5. It's a British film called Boy A. One of the reviews on the back says it will be "rattling around in your head long after the final credits roll". For a movie this good it's hard to understand why it was so overlooked, though if you consider it came out the same year as that other "indie" fave, Slumdog Millionaire it makes a little more sense. It's sweet, and funny, and dark and so very, very sad. I won't say much about the plot except that it centers around a young man, recently released from prison, where he has spent most of his life for a horrible crime he committed when he was a child. It's a tough subject, but the compassion with which it's dealt is...poetic. I hate to sound so cheesy about it, but it's just such a wonderful movie. Go out and rent it... hell, buy it. You won't regret it.

PS: I'm not posting the trailer because I think it gives too much away.