Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Great Purge of 2010

On a bit of a cleaning blitz. Yesterday was under the bed and the closet. I've take so many things to Value Village, the apartment feels lighter. Among the cast-offs were several old books I was going to make into shelves, an old VCR (why I carted it here from AZ, I have no idea), clothes, never-played games, cat toys that failed to interest the cats, and my hockey gear. I had held onto my gear because up to this point I couldn't dream of giving it away. I was surprised how easy it was to do this time around. Perhaps I'm just at the point where after dealing with so much junk it doesn't matter how meaningful it is, if it takes up space, and has been unused for over 3 years, it's out. Of course the big benefit has been moving a lot of things from the closet in an orderly manner to under the bed. Meaning the closet is no longer a dangerous mountain of precarious piles, and while the space beneath the bed is packed, it's an organized packed.

Before & After of the bed:













The closet:

















Today I worked on my plants including the indoor ones and my container garden. Pruning, planting, sweeping. I didn't take before pictures, but here's the finished product...







































Next up is the kitchen.