Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Periodic Issues

I love Bitch! I love, Love, LOVE, LOVE Bitch! I can't stand how much I love it. Literally, I am sitting down right now, because I just can't stand it. One of the few magazines I read cover to cover; this quarterly, feminist response to pop culture is a must. Smart, funny, honest, empowering, insightful, fabulous. Are you reading?


Oh Bitch, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. New pink ink replaces the old gray ink. An entire magazine in pinks, blacks and whites...ah-mazing!

2. Great writing by wonderful contributors.

3. Ad space devoted entirely to lady-friendly causes, music, shops, books and other lady-minded things.

4. I feel smart for reading and nodding in agreement, but smarter for reading and shaking my head in disagreement.

5. Finding out about cool new things like Smart Bitches Trashy Books. This review here is absolutely, pee-your-pants, drink-shooting-out-your-nose, guffaw-out-loud funny!

6. Its positive use of the word Bitch. Take back the language! Take back the power!

7. Interviews with positive, thought provoking, awesome women... and men... what do you think of that?

8. It's just great. That's all I got. It's great, and I always feel a little bereft each time I finish and know I have to wait 3 months for the next one.

Rock on, Bitch! And all you bitches out there, buy a copy, support print media; support great ideas; support discussion...and learn a little something while you're at it.