Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bah Humbug

I love Christmas. I always have. When I was little, my mom would let my brother and I decorate the house. It was always awful. As if Christmas had thrown up in our house. There was crap everywhere. And then on Christmas Eve, we would go to church and then get Kentucky Fried Chicken and bring it home and open presents. It was great.

Even after moving out I have loved Christmas. Lately I make my own gifts, partly because I am not able to buy presents for everyone, and partly because I just love making gifts. But this year, something is different. Maybe due to the fact that I can't afford any gifts, or even the material to make gifts. It's not as if I hate Christmas, it's more like I don't really care. Which is sad. Because I do care...or more precisely, I care that I don't care. Does that make sense? At any rate, the holiday spirit seems to be eluding me this year. Any tips from fellow Scrooges?