Friday, January 8, 2010

Balance: Week1

Recap: January's project is establishing routine, which currently entails going to bed and waking up at the same time, and also shooting for 8 hours of sleep.

Progress Report: I have no trouble with the evening portion. In fact I rather enjoy it. At 9:30 I stop what I am doing and tidy up the house, get ready for bed, and I'm usually reading or knitting by 10, if not a little after. As long as I am physically in bed at 10, I can do whatever I want (within reason), and I find that after about 30 minutes I'm ready to hit the hay.

Morning is a different story. Monday and Tuesday were fine. Monday I woke up at 6 intending to go for a walk. It was raining. Instead of falling back into bed I did yoga...success! It was very nice. I felt rejuvenated and awake all day. But problems started Wednesday and on. I can't seem to stop hitting that damn snooze button. I even put my phone(back-up alarm) in the kitchen and still managed to completely ignore it. This morning my cats had even abandoned me. Usually as soon as the alarm goes off they are in my face...but today those little ingrates were nowhere to be found.

I'm a little perplexed. I am getting plenty of sleep.
7 to 8 hours. Perhaps I am one of those fabled people that needs 9 hours. I shall experiment, in the meantime, does anyone know how to disable a snooze button?

Phase II starts tomorrow wherein I tackle the dreaded weekend nap. Eeek!