Saturday, March 28, 2009

Are We Human?

Last week I thought I would check up on one of my favorite bands, The Killers, you know, see when their next album was coming out and if they were touring. Well, the album came out in October, and being that the only radio I listen to is NPR, I haven't heard any of the new stuff. I thought about checking it out at the library but there were, like, a million holds. I had been trying to plan my days so I could pick up the cd at a record store before work, but what's silly about me is I don't want to buy a new cd that I can't listen to right that minute. I can't even wait the 8 hours of work before I can hear it, it's a problem, I know.
Then yesterday I was having coffee with Christy in the U District and we were walking around on the avenue and came to a record shop. I popped in and bought it (Day and Age) and listened to it a little yesterday, but it wasn't until I was on the bus today, hearing it on my headphones, that my life was totally changed. You know that kind of music that reaches down into your soul and shakes everything up and after hearing it you're a totally different person. That's what this is. It makes me want to dance and sing and just live life. It speaks to me. I know that's probably annoying to a lot of you, but what can I say, the music, it moves me! Go out and buy it this minute, it's unbelievable.