Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are You Serious!?!

I know it's late, but I'm having a heart attack. I just went on GoodReads to rate my latest, (4 out of 5 if you're interested). Anyhow, I happened upon a person's page that had a bookshelf called "Kindle". And then I clicked on it. And found countless more people with Kindle bookshelves. First off, don't they realize how absolutely ridiculous it is to label a bookshelf-BOOKshelf as Kindle? It should be a "Small Data File Shelf". Second of all...oh my God! How can you be a book lover, a bookstore lover, a written word lover, and use that dreadful, awful, soul-sucking, portable reading device (God I hate Stephen King). Ug! I'm disgusted! At this moment I have decided that I am a born again Luddite. Goodbye Blog, and facebook and GoodReads. From now on it's letters instead of email, checks instead of debit, BOOKS instead of Kindle, and fresh-baked bread instead of Pop Tarts.