Monday, June 8, 2009

Revenge

As I was arranging the last post, Opal, whose psychic powers I have already discussed here, came into my bedroom scooting her little butt on the carpet. Given the previous minute's litter box scraping noises, and the pervasive smell of fresh cat shit, it could only mean one thing. Of course, I try to grab her as quickly as possible. But, because she knows what's coming, and is quite naturally freaked out by the giant turd stuck to her, she runs from me...scooting all the way. Run, run, run. Scoooooooot! Run, run, run. Scooooooooot! Until I catch her, and try first to pick it off with wadded up toilet paper, but it's stuck pretty good, so I wash it off in the sink...with my hands. If that's not love, I don't know what is. Although, I guess I technically didn't do it for love so much as saving the floors from being covered with even more shit.