Monday, June 29, 2009

Where's the Beef?

I like the romance novels...most of you know that. I have no shame about it. Sometimes I just need a palate cleanser. Take this weekend, I read a book about the siege of Leningrad, a graphic novel about the Holocaust, and then watched a French WW I movie. Sometimes I just need a little fluff. And so, happily, I found the recent release of one of my favorite smut authors. She often writes about professional hockey players-yippee! But imagine my disappointment upon reading the book and finding...gasp... a plot! I don't want some story about two people who know each other and kinda like each other. And I certainly don't want to read about their families and their jobs. I want two people who loathe one another on sight but can't seem to fight the draw they have to each other. I want sparks and passion and secrets and fun. Not first dates and trips to the symphony. I don't want to read about an everyday relationship. I want to read about a ridiculous relationship that could never ever happen. This is escapism people! C'mon!